Recycling bins are available to households within the City of Omaha that receive solid waste collection from the City’s collection contractor, Deffenbaugh Industries/Waste Management. Bin are available at the locations listed below.
Please note that holidays will affect the schedule of each location. Call to confirm hours.
Also, if you are replacing a damaged bin, while picking up a new recycling bin ask them for a recycling bin disposal label. With the label your damaged bin will be picked up and recycled.
Omaha Public Libraries remain closed due to COVID-19.
UnderTheSink has reopened with restrictions.
These are the conditions for obtaining a bin. Appointments are still required for dropping off material. For restrictions to drop off material at UnderTheSink visit http://www.underthesink.org.
Thank you for your patience and understanding..
If you can answer YES to any of these four questions, please wait two weeks before proceeding to UnderTheSink.
- Have you been confirmed with an active COVID-19 infection?
- Are you currently experiencing, or recently experienced, any acute respiratory illness symptoms, such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with any person who has been confirmed positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been within six feet of any person for greater than ten minutes who has travelled and is exhibiting acute respiratory illness symptoms?
When arriving at UnderTheSink:
- Drive under the awning (You will not be going inside. The office is closed).
- Do not get out of your car.
- Follow instructions of the staff.
- The bin will be placed in your trunk for you.
UnderTheSink’s hours are:
- Wednesday 9:00 to 12:00 and 1:10 to 4:45
- Thursday 9:00 to 1:00 and 2:10 to 6:15
- Friday 9:00 to 12:00 and 1:10 to 4:45
- Saturday 9:00 to Noon