The Fall Cleanup program is a joint effort between the City of Omaha, Keep Omaha Beautiful, and over 100 neighborhood associations. This annual free event provides Omaha residents with the opportunity to recycle or dispose of large or bulky items that are not accepted through curbside waste or recycling services (such as old furniture, appliances, tires, and mattresses). Fall Cleanup is open to all City of Omaha residents. Residents do not have to be a member of a neighborhood association to participate.
The 2020 Fall Cleanup takes place on four Saturdays, running from October 24 through November 21, 2020. Each Saturday, two locations will be available to dispose of yardwaste, and one of the sites will also collect tires. Sites will be open from 9:00AM – 2:00PM.
A map of locations and dates for the 2020 Omaha Fall Cleanup is available by clicking here. You may also call the Omaha Fall Cleanup Hotline at 402-444-4636 for more information.
Tranquility North Soccer Fields – 123rd & Fort St – tires and yardwaste
Al Veys Park – 6606 S 60th St. – yardwaste only
Dill Softball Complex, 7002 Military Ave. – yardwaste only
Mission Park – 6110 S 168th St. – tires and yardwaste
Tranquility North Soccer Fields – 123rd & Fort St – yardwaste only
Al Veys Park – 6606 S 60th St. – tires and yardwaste
Dill Softball Complex – 7002 Military Ave. – tires and yardwaste
Mission Park – 6110 S 168th St. – yardwaste only
Examples of Accepted/Common Items (not a comprehensive list)
- Tree limbs
- Furniture (couches, chairs, mattresses, etc.)
- Auto parts
- Tires without rims (no tractor or bike tires) (at designated locations)
- Lead-acid batteries (at designated locations)
- Appliances (at designated locations)
- Swing sets
- Bicycles and tricycle
- Empty cans, pails, and buckets
- Railroad Ties must be cut into 1 foot pieces for disposal (no site will accept full-size railroad ties) [For regulatory information, click here]
Prohibited Items (not a comprehensive list)
- Rocks and concrete
- Household garbage (putrescible waste) – put out with your normal trash collection.
- Dead animals, manure, and animal bedding
- Landscaping timbers
- Construction debris
- Tires still on rims
- Rocks and concrete
- Full-size railroad ties – The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ) has published a guide for disposal. To view the guide, click here. Contact the NDEQ for additional information at 877-253-2603.
- Propane tanks and other pressurized cylinders
- Household Hazardous waste including, but not limited to auto fluids, paint, solvents, and lawn chemicals. Take to UnderTheSink, 4001 South 120th Street. On Cleanup Saturdays UnderTheSink is open from 9am to 2pm and does not require an appointment. However residents are encouraged to call 402-444-sink  before proceeding to assess the wait time and prevent traffic being backed up onto 120th Street.
- Dates of all 2020 Fall Cleanup events are as follows: October 24, November 7, November 14 and November 21.
- The 2020 Fall Cleanup has a limited scope, accepting only yardwaste and tires.
- Yardwaste includes large tree limbs, brush, leaves, and stumps.
- Please note that residents are responsible for transporting and unloading their own items at a Fall Cleanup site.
- For additional questions or concerns, e-mail CleanUpOmaha@cityofomaha.org.