Welcome to Wasteline, Omaha’s solid waste program. Under the solid waste contracts begun in 2006, Omaha provides solid waste collection services to the residents of Omaha at a cost of $8.74 (cost in 2006) per household per month. The general fund, made up of property and sales tax, is the source of funds used to pay for this service. The total solid waste services annual budget is $14 million and includes all of these services:
- Residential garbage, recycling and yardwaste collection
- Recycling drop-off sites
- Neighborhood spring clean-up
- Christmas tree drop-off sites
- Bulky material drop-off site subsidy
- Pedestrian litter/recycling cans in Omaha’s business districts
Because the City holds a contract on behalf of all residents of Omaha, the City is able to obtain this service at substantially lower costs than that of the surrounding communities. The contract begun on January 1, 2006 will continue for 10 years, and has an option to extend the contract for an additional 5 years. Garbage, recycling and yardwaste collection consume 78% of the solid waste service budget.
Working together, we can make Omaha a cleaner, greener city for all to enjoy by:
- Reducing the amount of material you throw away
- Increasing the amount of material you recycle
- Changing the way you care for your lawn
Need help? That’s what this website is all about. Please take a moment to visit our pages, and let us know if you have questions.
How To Prepare Your Materials For Collection
Frequently Asked Questions
I didn’t get my garbage out in time last week so will I be able to put out twice the amount next week?
No, the limit what fits in your cart.
The contractor is not responsible for litter in the area prior to their arrival.