RECYCLING: HOW ARE WE DOING?
When it comes to recycling, how are we doing as a city? One of the best ways to monitor our progress is to look at the numbers. Take a look at some of our recycling statistics from 2017:
- Number of full service recycling drop-off sites: 5
- Number of times mixed recyclables dumpsters emptied: 2,079
- Number of tons of mixed recyclables collected: 1,352
- Number of tons recycled: 17,043
- Cost to provide recycling drop-off sites: $357,812
- Cost avoided from landfilling by recycling: $429,349
It’s a start, but we can do better. For tips, view our brochure.